Once your org is upgraded, a Salesforce Admin will need to perform the below configurations. We will reach out as soon as your org is upgraded, and your Admin can begin the Summer ‘19 post-install release configurations.
View the release notes here for the full list of changes in Summer '19.
Most of the configurations can be completed automatically using the Workbench. This will make many changes like editing page layouts, changing help text and updating obsolete fields. Reach out to Support for a list of changes that are made via the Workbench.
REMINDER: Using the workbench has the potential to permanently alter your data. Make sure you double check everything before proceeding.
- Download the Summer configuration file here: Summer19.zip
- Go to the Workbench
- Select if you want to install these configurations in either a Sandbox or Production environment
- Leave the API version the same
- Agree to the terms of service and select “Login with Salesforce”
- After logging in with a system administrator account, go to the Migration menu and choose Deploy.
- Select the “choose file” button and upload the file you downloaded in Step 1.
- Select the “Rollback on Error” checkbox
- For “Test Level” select “RunSpecifiedTests”
- In the “Run Tests” box enter “QualityTest” (without quotations)
- Select “Next” then hit “Deploy” on the following page
The workbench may take a few minutes to do the configurations, but then you should see a small message that says “success”
For additional help, here’s a short video that walks you through how to use the workbench.
NOTE: Some customer have been getting a "failed" message after doing the auto configurations. The error is that the Declaration object does not have History Tracking enabled. Go into Salesforce Setup and go to the Declarations object. Enable "Track Field History". Run Workbench again.
While many of the configurations can be done automatically, there are still configurations that need to be done manually. Below are the configurations needed for the Summer ‘19 release.
Metadata Deletions (optional)
- Setup > Apex Classes
- Delete ComplianceBatch2
- Delete Search