Once your org is upgraded, a Salesforce Admin will need to perform the below configurations. We will reach out as soon as your org is upgraded, and your Admin can begin the Spring ‘19 configurations.
View the release notes here for the full list of changes in Spring '19.
Many of the configurations can be completed automatically using the Workbench. This will make many changes like editing page layouts, changing help text and updating obsolete fields. Reach out to Support for a list of changes that are made via the Workbench.
REMINDER: Using the workbench has the potential to permanently alter your data. Make sure you double check everything before proceeding.
- Download the Spring configuration file here: spring19.zip
- Go to the Workbench
- Select if you want to install these configurations in either a Sandbox or Production environment
- Leave the API version the same
- Agree to the terms of service and select “Login with Salesforce”
- After logging in with a system administrator account, Select the “choose file” button and upload the file you downloaded in Step 1.
- Select the “Rollback on Error” checkbox
- For “Test Level” select “RunSpecifiedTests”
- In the “Run Tests” box enter “QualityTest” (without quotations)
- Select “Next” then hit “Deploy” on the following page
The workbench may take a few minutes to do the configurations, but then you should see a small message that says “success”
For additional help, here’s a short video that walks you through how to use the workbench: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KCgSdtQbPk
While many of the configurations can be done automatically, there are still configurations that need to be done manually. Below are the configurations needed for the Spring ‘19 release.
For customers that utilize costing, the following configurations will need to be completed. If you do not, please move on to Training Quizzes.
If you do not currently utilize costing in Propel, and would like to start, please reach out to the Customer Success team.
- In Setup, go to Picklist Value Sets (search 'Picklist' in the Quick Find box)
- Click on Part Cost Types
- Activate the correct Cost Type values (e.g. Production, Prototype)
- Deactivate Test Cost
- On the Training Assignment object, go to Search Layouts. Edit the columns displayed for Search Results and Tab to swap out "Completed Date" for "Quiz Status"
- On the Item Revision object, go to the “Item_Rev Layout” page layout, and add the training quiz field
- Go to the Training Assignment tab (not in setup) - If there isn’t an All view, add one with the same fields as Tab (Recently Viewed)
- On the Home page, increase the size of the Open Training Assignments widget to 500. From the Home page, click the settings icon and select Edit Page.
If the Open Training Assignments widget is not already on the home page, and you want to add it, drag a “Visualforce” component onto the page (from the left bar), select Open Training Assignments as the Visualforce page name, and set the height to 500.
- Go to Setup > Workflow Rules and click the Deactivate link for the Training-related Rules (except for Training Complete) - “Training Assigned”, “Training Assigned Supervisor”, and “Training Assigned Trainee”
- Turn on the Training Digest emails by going to Propel Setup > Admin Settings > Training Records and enable “Deliver Training Notifications”
- On the Project object, go to Search layouts.
- Edit “List View”, add “View Portfolio” to the Buttons Displayed.
- Edit “Search Results”, add “View Portfolio” to Buttons Displayed.
- Remove any “OBSOLETE Alerts” from Lookup Dialogs, Lookup Phone Dialogs, Search Results, and Tab.
- On the Activities (PDLM__Deliverable__c) object, go to Field Sets. Edit “Activity ListView Fields” field set, add Order as the first field.
- Edit the Item Audit Trail report in Propel User Reports > Add new filter: Item Number - not equal to - “” (blank)
- Go to Attribute Labels tab from app launcher. Remove the "All" list view - if there are two Alls, delete the one with only one column.
- Go to Item Revisions tab from app launcher. Verify the All_ppl list view has been removed, if there are two All lists, delete the one with fewer columns.
Permission Set Updates
Propel recommends always using the standard full-use or read-only permission sets for your users because these are automatically updated with the latest permissions every release. However, some customers use custom permission sets which need to be manually updated every time there is a major upgrade. Below are the permissions that need to be manually updated for the Spring release:
- Start by going to Setup > Permission Sets > Click on the custom permission set you want to edit
- Select Object Settings > Edit the objects (and fields within each object) as stated below
- Grant Read access to the “primary attachment” field
- Grant Edit access if your organization is going to use SKUs
Item Revision Object
- Grant Read access to the “completeness” field
- Grant Edit access if your organization is going to use Attributes
Approval Criterias object
- This is part of the new criteria-based approver rules. You need to add Create, Read, Edit, Delete, View All and Modify All object permissions to a custom Propel Administrator permission set
New Custom Permissions
There is a new custom permission called “Apply Suggested Approvers” that allows users to see the “View Criteria-based Approvers” button on the Approvers tab of a Change or Quality object.
- To add this permission, go to Setup > Permission Sets > Select the permission set you want to modify
- Select “custom permissions” then click “edit”
- Select “PDLM.Apply Suggested Approvers” and add to enabled custom permissions
There’s also two additional custom permissions that allows you to hide draft and superseded revisions from users. This could be helpful for your read-only users so that they only see the current revision. To enable these:
- Follow the same steps as above to edit the custom permissions
- Hide Drafts - Select “PDLM.Hide Drafts” and add to enabled custom permissions
- Hide Superseded - Select “PDLM.Hide Superseded” and add to enabled permissions.
- If your organization is going to be using the training quizzes, there is a new permission set needed for the users who author the quizzes. In order to be able to create a quiz, you must add the “Propel Training Quiz Author” permission set to the appropriate users.