As of 3.8
You can create rules to assign approvers on either Changes or Qualities based on change or quality fields' values and affected items fields' values.
Criteria-based Approver Rule: An individual set of criteria that when matched will apply a single approver group and/or follower group for a given lifecycle phase. A rule may have many criterion.
Criteria: Group of criterion within a rule that must all evaluate to true for the rule to be considered matching.
Adding Criteria-Based Approver Rules
- Navigate to Propel Setup. Click Admin Settings.
- Click either Changes or Quality.
- Select a category.
- Once you've selected a category, scroll down to the Category Criteria-based Approver Rules card. Click the carrot icon () to expand the card.
- Once expanded, click Add.
- Enter a Rule Description to help you identify the rule.
- Under the Criteria section, click Add Criteria.
- Select an object (first picklist) and then a field to match (second picklist). Once an object and field are selected, enter or select a value for the criteria.
- Depending on the field's data type you've selected, a different input may be required. IE: If the data type is checkbox, a checkbox input will appear.
- NOTE: The value is evaluated as an exact match. It is case sensitive. Currently, only exact matching is supported.
- In the approvers section, select an Approval Group that will be added to the change/quality when the rule is matched. Select whether the group should be added as Unanimous or First Response approval and which Approval Phase their approval should be required in.
- Optionally, select a Follower Group to receive updates about the status of a Change/Quality if the rule is matched.