When creating a project, set your baseline dates to track estimated dates.
Baseline dates are estimates set before a project begins. They designate the ideal time frame of a project. Each activity has a baseline which is set upon the creation of an activity. When an activity is created, the baseline start and finish date are set as the activity start and finish date respectively.
- Baseline Start Date: The estimated start date the activity is planned to start on. Use as a comparison to Start Date to see whether an activity started early or late.
- Baseline Finish Date: The estimated completion date for an activity. Use as a comparison to Finish Date to see if an activity was finished on time.
Activity Dates (Start and Finish Date)
Activity dates are set before a project begins and updated as the project proceeds.
- Start Date: The date work begins on the activity.
- Finish Date: The date an activity is completed.
Create all activities for a project.
- Initially set Activity Dates (Start Dates and Finish Dates) for each activity on creation. This will automatically set the baseline dates equal to the activity dates.
When making multiple modifications to a project, we recommend "Fullscreen Mode" for ease of use. Click the "Fullscreen" button in the top right corner of the Project page.
- Create dependencies between activities if applicable.
- As users work on tasks, these users should update the tasks' actual dates to reflect when the user started and finished the task.
- Additionally, to gain further visibility on activity progress, users can update the status of activities in either the activity modal or in the Board view.