Propel Spring Release Tips and Tricks
As the days get longer and Summer approaches, here are a few valuable tips and tricks to help you get out of the office early and enjoy the sunshine!
Training Plans: Propel Training Plans now include customized workflow driven emails.
- Tip: You can use the SalesForce Workflow Rules to easily create emails with customized content and flexible time-based notifications.
- Trick: Customize the frequency of reminders to complete a training assignment using an email alert for the “Training Due in N Days (Trainee)” email template and time-based workflow rules.
- Click here for more information on Training Plan Notifications.
Import: As of our Spring Release, the Propel Import feature includes new functionality.
- Tip: If you frequently import similar data, you can now click the “Use my last settings” link to automatically choose the type of data to import.
- Trick: We’ve made it much easier to create Change Orders after importing new BOMs. When the import is finished, you can simply click the button to “Add Items to Change.”
- Click here for more information on importing to Propel.
Admin Settings: You now have several new configuration options available within the Propel Setup Admin Settings.
- Tip: From the Propel Setup Admin Settings, you can now configure tabs per category for Quality objects.
- Trick: You have the ability to view tables related to an item revision on the Related tab per Category. For example, you can configure your “Standard Operating Procedure” items to show related training assignments.
- Click here for more information on configuring the Related tab per category.
Change Lifecycle Configurations: We’ve added some more robust configuration options to the Change phase settings.
- Tip: In your Lifecycle phase configurations, you will see several new options. One is a checkbox that will allow users to “Edit Affected Items Tab During Approval.” Also, you can now add multiple, comma separated groups to the allow groups fields, including a new “owner” keyword option.
- Trick: To save time and for easier implementation of a new Change process, you can clone your lifecycles. The clone lifecycle feature now clones all phases, phase transitions, phase notifications and approver definitions.
- Click here for more information on Lifecycles.
Interested in being the first to test out new Propel features and influence the product roadmap? Contact Danielle, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
Receive an Amazon Gift Card for Your Propel Review!
Review PropelPLM on G2 Crowd to receive a $50 Amazon gift certificate. Click here to submit your review today!
- Propel Spring Release 18 Release Notes
- New to Propel? Watch Propel tutorial videos
- Share and learn: Propel Community
Have additional questions? Contact Propel at support@propelPLM.com.
Customer Success Manager