This article will explain in detail how to add custom fields to the tabs on Item records, such as the Details, BOM, Manufacturers or Attachments tabs. If you haven't created the field yet, please follow the link to learn how to do so: Add Custom Fields to an Item.
A. Add Custom Fields to the Item Details Tab
1. Go to Setup > Object Manager > Item Revision
2. Ensure the desired field has been allocated in the correct location within the Page Layout. Follow the link here to learn how to do so: Position the Field on the Page Layout.
3. There are two ways to display the custom field: (a) Add to Field Set, (b) Add to Category. Adding the field to the below field sets will force all Item records to display that field, irrespective of any Item Category. Adding the custom field to a Category will ensure only the Item records of that specific Category will display the field. We recommend adding fields to a Category as some fields may not be relevant on all Item records.
- (a) Add to any relevant Field Set:
- Item Details Tab - sets fields on Item page
- Export - sets fields in export file
- Affected Items - sets fields on affected items tab
- (b) Add field to a category: Manage Custom Fields on a Category.
B. Add Custom Fields to the Item BOM Tab
Fields from Item Details, BOM, Mfr. Part, and Mfr. Assembly (AML) can be added to the BOM table. Follow this link to the article that explains how to display custom fields on the BOM tab: Display Custom Fields on Item BOM Tab.
C. Add Custom Fields to Item Manufacturers Tab
Follow the provided link to the article that explains how to display custom fields on the Manufacturers Tab or in the With Manufacturers List View on the BOM Tab: Display Custom Fields on the Item Manufacturer Tab.
D. Add Custom Fields to Item Attachments Tab
Create new custom field on Attachment object and add to Default_ATT_View Field Set.
Go to Propel Setup and click Refresh Page Layouts.
Learn more about adding custom fields here.